ECWA debuts in Carney’s Point, NJ at the YMCA of Salem County, this Saturday, November 5th, 2011, belltime 7PM! Be there for all the action, 7 matches total with 4 championship matches, 2 tag team matches and a womens match.
Tri-State Wrestling Enertainment, LLC presents East Coast Wrestling Association (ECWA) LIVE!
Sat, Nov, 5th, 2011
YMCA of Salem County
204 Shell Road
Carney’s Point, NJ 08069(Just 15 miles from Newark, DE!!!)
Doors Open: 6:00 PM
Bell Time: 7:00 PM
All ECWA events are FAMILY FRIENDLY!
TICKETS AVAILABLE IN ADVANCE, VIA PAY PAL & AT THE DOOR
For info and reserved seating call (609) 220-5598
or e-mail at: email@example.com
Tickets and Outlets:
Advance tickets are $12 adult and $8 kids 12 & under; tickets at the door are $15 adult and $10 kids 12 and under.
Local Ticket Outlets in Carney’s Point, NJ:
Lapp’s Dutch Market -856-299-4224
Lapp’s Olympia Dairy Bar – 856-514-3448
Italian Kitchen of Pennsville – 856-678-2098
Mo’ Joes Coffeehouse-856-376-3281
FOR PAY PAL PURCHASE: TBA
call venue 856.299.1493, visit http://www.myymca.net/index.shtml, go to mapquest.com or visit the EVENT INFO/DIRECTIONS tab on this web page
Scheduled to appear…
ECWA Heavyweight Title Match
“Greek God” Papadon (c) vs. “Number 1” Johnny Silver
TWA Heavyweight Title Match
Breaker Morant (c) vs. CUJO the Hellhound
ECWA & TWA Unified Tag Team Title Match
“FUSION DS” Matt Saigon & Damian Dragon vs. “The SAT” Joel & Wil Maximo
ECWA Mid-Atlantic Title Match
“Heart Killer” Chris Wylde (c) vs. Alexander James
“Red, White and BLUE Express” former WWE Star Blue Meanie and Kid America vs. Mr. Ooh La La & Russian Assassin w/ Coach Jim Shorts, Magnum and Gus Grand
Tomorrow, Saturday, October 15, 2011, ECWA returns to the Boys & Girls Club in Newark, DE with a 7PM belltime (doors open at 6PM).
Scheduled card (subject to change)…
For the ECWA Heavyweight Title, “Greek God” Papadon defends against 1/2 of the Unified Tag Team Champions and FUSION DS, Matt Saigon… while this match has become personal, Saigon knows this is a rare opportunity for the oldest heavyweight championship in independent pro wrestling in the United States and he will make the most of this opportunity.
For the Mid-Atlanic Title, “Heart Killer” Chris Wylde defends against the TNA IMPACT! Star Robbie E (the former Rob Eckos)… While Robbie returns to his ECWA roots, Wylde is looking forward to locking up with a former ECWA star that he watched from the stands as a fan not that long ago and prove that he is a true superstar in his own right by turning back this challenge.
In one of the biggest REMATCHES in ECWA history, Adam Cole returns to take on Kekoa the Flyin’ Hawaiian… In July, Kekoa pinned Cole rather suddenly. Cole is coming back to avenge that loss!
Making his debut in the ECWA, is Bandido Jr! Bandido Jr says he is all about FAMILY, HONOR, TRADITION and RESPECT, as he has dedicated his ECWA run to is father, Bandido Sr, a former Northeast pro wrestler himself. But Bandido Jr, has the tough challenge of “Beautiful” Bobby Shields with Magnum. Shields has promised to make sure that he grounds Bandido Jr before he even gets off the ground.
Then in a match 6 months in the making, Bazooka Joe finally gets his hands on ECWA Commissioner DJ Hyde inside the squared circle. DJ Hyde has been making Joe’s life in ECWA miserable including screwing Joe out of the ECWA Title and then constantly ducking Joe’s challenges for a match. Saturday night be there as Joe and DJ Hyde enter the Combat Zone!
The Midnight Sensations, Chris Rockwell & Sam Shields, are now looking to climb back up the ladder to tag team title contention after losing the Ladder Match last month to FUSION DS! “America’s Heroes” Kid America & “Fighting Paramedic” Corey Blaze are a new team just coming off of Kid America’s big win over the Russian Assassin in the flag match in September and looking to parlay their new friendship into becoming contenders to the tag titles also!
And finally the monster AHTU continues on his path of PAIN and DESTRUCTION this time with his opponent being……. Mr. Ooh La La!?!?!?!? What tricks does the bumbling Frenchman have up his sleeve for AHTU and his PART ANIMALS????
TNA IMPACT! STAR Robbie E returns home to the ECWA! Rob will be conducting a wrestling clinic/seminar from 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm at the Boys and Girls Club before the show. $25 per person. Call 609.220.5598 to reserve a spot.
-Rob will also have a Meet & Greet with the fans prior to the show when doors open!
-ECWA will be collecting gently used clothes for GOODWlLL at our Oct 15th event in Newark, DE. If you have any clothes that you do not need, please do not discard them with trash, donate to those who are less fortunate and could really use them! Thank You!
For info and tickets call 609.220.5598.
State of Delaware Permit #136
East Coast Wrestling Association (ECWA) presents
“TNA IMPACT WRESTLING STAR ROBBIE E WRESTLING CLINIC”
Date: Sat, Oct 15th, 2011
Time: 3:30-5:30 PM
Place: Boys & Girls Club, 109 Glasgow Drive in Newark, Delaware
For: All wrestlers & students (men and women), managers, referees, valets
Contact: To reserve a space call Mike at 609.220.5598 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Robbie E, formerly known as Rob Eckos, one-half of the Valedictorians w/ Billy Bax and also known as the Platinum Poppa, is an 11 year pro who trained at Independent Wrestling Federation (IWF) wrestling school under Kevin Knight and made his name on the northeast independent scene working for such promotions as the IWF, Pro-Pain Pro Wrestling (3PW), Independent Superstars of Pro Wrestling (ISPW), Northeast Wrestling (NEW) and the East Coast Wrestling Association (ECWA) where he is a former Mid-Atlantic Champion and ECWA Tag Team Champion (2x with Billy Bax), competed in the 2007 ECWA Super 8 Tournament and is an ECWA Hall of Fame member, class of 2006.
During that time, Rob also worked on national TV in extra spots and TV matches for both WWE and TNA IMPACT!
Rob debuted as Robbie E for TNA IMPACT! on July 27, 2010. During Rob’s short time with TNA, he captured the TNA X-Division Championship, a title held by many greats, such as Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe and many more!
I have known Rob for 7 years. Not only have I always been impressed by his skill & work and his dedication to his look & time spent in the gym, I have always admired Rob for his drive, desire, ability to promote himself and his constant networking, which is very important to make it.
I urge you to make every effort to attend this seminar, or forward this to others you think may be interested. This is a great opportunity to learn from someone who started local and made his way to national TV and PPV.
For information and to reserve a spot, please call Mike at 609.220.5598 or email email@example.com
Note: You must be 18 years old to participate!
Note: Would perfer you have had at least some training or experience, but you are welcome if you have not but are SERIOUS about a career in wrestling
1. Papadon defeats Tommaso Ciampa, wins spot in 2012 Super 8- In what must be considered another classic match in ECWA history, the “Greek God” Papadon retained his heavyweight title by defeating Tommaso Ciampa. A spectacular back and forth match that first ended with Ciampa gaining the pinfall but the first referee called a DQ on Tommaso for his accidental foreman shot, which led to owner Mike Tartaglia restarting the match. Papadon quikly capitalized with a lowblow with the ref distracted by Tartaglia and then hitting the ‘Alpha-Omega’ shinging wizard to score the pinfall.
2. Chris Wylde defeats Bobby Shields(w/Gus Grand), Kekoa the Flyin’ Hawaiian- Quick possibly the biggest crowd pleaser of the night as the popular Chris Wylde once again retained his Mid Atlantic title over Bobby Shields and Kekoa the Flyin’ Hawaiian. Amazing aerial displays highlighted this match that went back and forth between all 3 men, all almost gaining victory numerous times. Wylde was beaten badly but somehow scored a pinfall over Shields after use of a swanton bomb off the turnbuckle as Kekoa could not break the pin attempt.
*Wylde was presented with the new Mid Atlantic Championship afterwards by management
3. Fusion D.S.(Damien Dragon & Matt Saigon) defeats Midnight Sensations(Chris Rockwell & Sam Shields)- Dragon and Saigon once met the Midnight Sensations in the third encounter between the teams. This time in a deadly ladder match, both teams were punished throughout. The Sensations showed that ladder matches were their speciality as they pummeled Dragon and Saigon with various moves involving both ladders in the match. Fusion came away with the victory after Dragon ran interference as Shields was mere seconds away from grabbing the belts. Saigon quickly scammpered up the ladder and retained the Unified tag team titles.
4. Ahtu defeats Cujo the Hellhound- Cujo mostly dominated Ahtu for most of this contest severely damaging Ahtu’s back with his powerful blows and slams. Ahtu never fully gained an advanatge over the dogfaced veteran. Cujo seemed to not be intimadated of the monster like previous opponents constantly one uping Ahtu. Never facing a challenge this big, Ahtu called on his fans for strength as he made his way back from certain defeat after delivering a devastating spear to gain the pinfall.
5. Julian Starr (w/Magnum and Gus Grand) defeats Cole Calloway (w/Cookie)- Special Guest ref Mr. Ooh La La made this match a living hell for Cole as he time and time again let Magnum and Grand beat on him as he lay outside the ring. Cole showed he is much more than a novelty act and put on a wrestling display much to the delight of his fans. However, making matters worse, everytime Calloway seemed posied to win the wily frenchman administered a an extra slow count. TNA Knockout Cookie stood ringside as Cole’s back-up and tried to keep the odds balanced but even she couldn’t stop a 4 on 2 advantage as Starr gained the pinfall showcasing a vast array of power and techincal moves.
6. Veda Scott defeats Kylie Pierce- Both girls made their ECWA debuts and impressed with various submissions and technical moves. Kylie took advantage of Veda early apparently injuring her knee with submisisons and ignoring the refs plees for her to break the holds. Gaining the support of the crowd, Veda made a hasty comeback using a tornado DDT and agile moves she is becoming famous for. Pierce never one to back down, met the challenge, and looked to be cruising to a win in her ECWA debut but Scott surpised with a roll up for the win.
7. Kid America defeats Russian Assassin- In the climax of this long running feud, tension and hatred was at an all time high. It was a flag on a pole match with both men’s native flags high on poles on the turnbuckle above the ring. Both men almost let their pride get in the way of victory as they constantly fought brutally and indecisively. Mr. Ooh La La tried his hardest to help his friend the Assassin win but Corey Blaze thwarted any outside interference. Kid America eventually got the upper hand long enough to gain back his beloved flag.
8. JJ the Crew Guy defeats Tony Stetson- In a match that spilled all over the Boys and Girls Club, both men proved their toughness and that they have plenty of gas left in the tank. JJ proved he could win a match even if it wasn’t one in his normal element. Stetson was clearly at home using various weapons to his advantage throughout the crowd such as garbage cans, crates, chairs, and even aluminum cans to try to defeat Crew Guy. JJ fought through the pain and eventually gained the upper hand using weapons of his own. After using a bamboo stick off the top rope, JJ the Crew Guy emerged victorious.
9. Bazooka Joe defeats Timothy Richards(w/Mozart Fontaine)- Both men had high stakes as Bazooka Joe was fighting for a chance to fight evil ECWA commissioner DJ Hyde. And Richards was fighting for a future Mid Atlantic title shot and to not lose his hair. As Joe made his way to the ring Richards took advantage brutally attacking Joe’s knee. Fontaine created interference causing even further injury. Joe, injured knee and all, scored the pinfall after a devastating slam. Afterwards, Joe celebrated his upcoming bout with Hyde and cut Richards hair off in the middle of the ring.
Honor and tradition are two very important words in the world of professional wrestling when it comes to places such as Japan, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Bandido Jr. knew from a very young age he wanted to be a wrestler as he watched his father, El Bandido, wrestle all over the country and various places around the globe. How deep did the wrestling blood go? Bandido Sr. trained in Puerto Rico for years before starting a successful run in the WWC, run by Carlos Colon (father of WWE’s Carlito and Primo). Eventually, he went for tours in Japan and Mexico landing in the promotion AAA where he even got to wrestle at the legendary Madison Square Garden. After a while he ended up on the east coast working for such promotions as JAPW and ECPW. And because of the strict traditions of Mexican wrestling, Bandido Jr. didn’t know that his father was a wrestler until he was 6 or 7 years old, the reason being that the masks that most Mexican wrestlers wear are never taken off, even in front of family. This entire time love for the sport grew in Bandido Jr.’s heart to the point he had no doubts about carrying on the family tradition and lacing up a pair of boots.
Professional wrestling in Japan, Mexico, and Puerto Rico is taken very seriously as a sport and not just sports entertainment. Once old enough, Bandido Jr. started being trained by his father in the old school way meaning things were extremely tough and there was no short cuts to be had. Numerous other instructors assisted Bandido Jr. to become the wrestler he is today, names such as the “Notorious 187” Homicide, Monsta Mack, and Low Ki. Clinics by such names as Chris Candido, Carlos Colon, and Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat also helped in the shaping of Bandido Jr.’s wrestling future. To put things into perspective, because he was a second generation wrestler, training was no picnic as his own father often times sent guys to beat on him to get the message through that the sport is to be respected. Once ready, he found it very hard to promote himself and be taken seriously by wrestling promoters who often times would never give him a chance. With the support of his father, he quickly gained knowledge about the business and soon his young career took off.
Wrestling up and down the east coast for companies like JAPW, ACE, ICW, CZW, Lucha Vavoom, and even his father’s UWA he has established himself and not only a tremendous talent but someone who earned his spot. His unique style was influenced by heroes such as Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Rey Mysterio, and Mr. Perfect. His style is a mixture of technical, power, and traditional Lucha Libra moves and ir has taken many opponents by surprise. He’s earned the respect of many ring veterans and looks to follow in his father’s footsteps very closely. With many championships and accolades already under his belt how does a young competitor stay hungry?
According to him, he still has plenty of goals to obtain. He wants to wrestle overseas and in Madison Square Garden just like his father. That being said he has already completed one goal he set to do: wrestle a match with idol and legendary Japanese junior heavyweight Jushin “Thunder” Liger. He is by no means satisfied and he continues to look for new areas he can experience and have a chance to dominate. The stage has been set for his debut in the ECWA. One of the biggest and best independent promotions on the east coast and the country, Bandido Jr. is hungry to make his mark on the 44 year old company. Finally being given his chance, he turns to the fans to back him on his quest to work his way up the ranks to possible championship gold one day. Dedicating his ECWA tenure to his father, Bandido Jr. promises to dazzle fans with not only his in ring ability but the honor and tradition and two generations of wrestling.
He now debuts against the dangerous “Beautiful” Bobby Shields, a competitor in the 2011 ECWA Super 8 Tournament, on October 15th at the Boys and Girls Club in Newark, Delaware. Many things could happen but one thing is for certain… whether the outcome is victory or defeat, Bandido Jr. will uphold his family name with honor and tradition just like his father did and just like his father taught him.
-Jason Real Deal
Will Bandido Jr soar in his ECWA debut or will Bobby Shields ground him before he even takes flight?
Newark- East Coast Wrestling Association at the Boys & Girls Club: AHTU defeated CUJO the Hellhound … Veda Scott defeated Kylie Pierce … Bazooka Joe defeated “Pitbull” Timothy Richards w/ Mozart Fontaine. As a result, Richards got his haircut … Special Guest Referee: Mr. Ooh La La… Julian Starr w/ Magnum and Gus Grand defeated Cole Callaway w/ Becky Bayless fka Cookie … Mid-Atlantic Title Match: Chris Wylde (c) defeated Kekoa the Flyin Hawaiian and Bobby Shields w/ Gus Grand when Wylde pinned Shields … FLAG MATCH: Kid America w/ Corey Blaze def Russian Assassin w/ Mr. Ooh La La … NO DQ/NO COR: JJ the Crew Guy def Tony Stetson … ECWA/TWA Unified Tag Team Title Match/LADDER MATCH: “Fusion DS” Matt Saigon & Damian Dragon (c) def the “Midnight Sensations” Chris Rockwell & Sam Shields … ECWA Heavyweight Title Match: Papadon (c) def Super 8 Champion Tommaso Ciampa to earn a spot in the 2012 ECWA Super 8 Tournament. (9-24-11)
The road to any championship is arduous and often times it requires great feats of athletic prowess and the occasional miracle. That being said, however, there are some who wish to take short cuts, don’t earn their accolades, and generally are only out for their own selfish gain. This is no more apparent than with the current reigning East Coast Wrestling Association (ECWA) heavyweight champion the “Greek God” Papadon,
Papadon has made his name on the New York wrestling circuit wrestling for such promotions as the New York Wrestling Connection (NYWC). However, feeling unfulfilled there he set to find a place where his ultimate destiny would reveal itself. After consulting with his prophets, he set his sights on the land of the ECWA.
For years, Papadon tried to work his way into the ECWA, but for whatever reason, he attempts were to no avail. But Papadon was patient, and never gave up, for he knew where his true destiny was, in the ECWA and as the ECWA Heavyweight Champion! For the prophecy, he knew it was a matter of when and not if. Papadon lurked in the shadows for years waiting for his chance to strike. When new management took over the ECWA, the hungry competitor saw his opportunity.
New ECWA owner Mike Tartaglia quickly made it clear he was looking to change the landscape of the company but no one knew his true motives. Meanwhile, Papadon made his debut with the company he faced young Cono Cappuccia, destroying him and making a statement that his power was unmatched and he wasn’t there for his time to be wasted, as he had already waited what seemed like a lifetime to get into the ECWA in the first place. Allying with Tartaglia, he skipped the traditional “fight through the ranks” mentality that most competitors have and immediately went into the lion’s den. With no number 1 contender to face then-champion MEG, he turned his sights onto Bazooka Joe, a former heavyweight champion himself. With the promise of a title match, questionable tactics led Papadon one step closer to his goal as he defeated Bazooka Joe to earn a future title match. The crowd and even the locker room weren’t prepared for what would happen next…
After fighting a brutal match with the members of Revolution, MEGA and tag team partner Cha Cha Chance were assaulted leaving them helpless in the ring. A masked man entered the ring saving MEGA from certain destruction much to the delight of the audience in attendance. The celebration was short lived however as the masked man delivered a devastating lariat to the champion leaving him unconscious. The crowd was silenced as the man was revealed to be none other than hated CZW owner DJ Hyde! Quickly Tartaglia came to the ring naming Hyde new ECWA commissioner and then announcing that Papadon would get his title shot immediately! MEGA, stumbling to his feet, received the final blow from Papadon and after the count of 1..2..3.. the prophecies had finally came true.
The “Greek God” Papadon had finally achieved his goal of becoming the ECWA heavyweight champion. The fans called into question Papadon’s toughness and right to be champion, a sentiment quickly echoed by one Bazooka Joe. In the weeks that followed through videos and statements, Papadon declared himself the greateast ECWA heavyweight champion of all time! Bazooka Joe would test that theory feeling cheated out of his own chance to become champion again and with no rules in place to hold Hyde or Papadon in check, Papadon would come out the victor. Many things have been said about his title reign thus far…
Coward, Cheater, Opportunist. Many people doubted that a man willing to cheat his way to the title was a real fighting champion and worthy of wearing the most prestigious title in independent wrestling. Papadon, infuriated, once again sought out to prove he was the strongest, smartest, and most technically sound wrestler on the entire ECWA roster. Declaring that his destiny had been revealed, Papadon dared anybody to try to take his crown from him.
Answering the call was undefeated fan favorite and Mid Atlantic Champion “Heartkiller” Chris Wylde. The hype was huge as this the match promised to tear the building down and keep everyone on the edge of their seats…. and the bout did not disappoint. In what many have called the best match in the history of the ECWA, never was the reign of the Greek God put in more jeopardy. Back and forth the two champions went often times ending in a stalemate but the defending champion would not be denied as Papadon finally slayed all his doubters by cleanly and soundly defeating Wylde in the middle of the ring. His power was on display all match as he constantly answered whatever Wylde threw his way. Showing unrivaled ring intelligence and agility no one knew he had he kept pace with the aforethought quicker Chris Wylde.
The “Greatest Technical Wrestler in the World Today” has finally proved he is more than capable of carrying the storied ECWA heavyweight title. However, the conquest has quite obviously gone straight to the head of Papadon as he demands that all fans must bow to his very presence. While many do out of fear, the loud ECWA crowd lets their disdain for his ways and enormous ego be known.
“For years, the ECWA tried to resist the prophecies and keep me out of the ECWA! But you can’t deny fate and destiny,” Papadon barked. “And now that I’m here, now that I am everything I said I would be, I am going to make EACH and EVERY man, women and child in the ECWA pay, show their respect and BOWWWWWWWW to the Greek God!”
But the fact cannot be denied, while he obtained the title through shady alliances and questionable in-ring tactics, Papadon has time and time again displayed his vast array of powerful moves, stamina, speed and in-ring smarts that have made many others legends of the sport. He has shut the door on all opponents and has refused to be defeated. It’s become obvious that it’s now personal and that Papadon is out to show that his boasts of confidence are the ramblings of a true champion. His declaration of being the greatest ECWA champion of all time just might come true as he is out to prove that the prophecies are indeed true. If his current dominance continues, everyone will have no choice but to get on their knees and bow.
The September 24th ECWA show is the 44th Anniversary of the beginnings of the company way back in 1967. Papadon, keeping his word to always defend his title, awaited what mortal would dare challenge him next….. He never expected the person to answer would be none other than Ring Of Honor star and current, reigning Super 8 champion Tommaso Ciampa! While there is no love lost between the fans and Ciampa, a respect has grown there and he represents their best chance for the Greek God to be dethroned. Ciampa defeated 3 of the best wrestlers in the world today by defeating Rich Swann, Shiima Xion, and Adam Cole in the 2011 Super 8 as he proved once he sets his sights on something he cannot and will not be denied. Ciampa showed his quiet determination can quickly turn into unmatched rage and power that many people never want to be on the receiving end of. But playing it cool, Papadon has declared certain victory. The stakes are raised even higher because if he defeats Ciampa by pin or submission, he receives a spot in the 2012 ECWA Super 8! Papadon CANNOT get himself counted out or disqualified to save his title if he wants to get into the Super 8. For the first time EVER, not only must the challenger beat the champion, but the champion must beat the challenger! With tension at an all-time high this might prove to be the biggest showdown in both men’s careers.
Never before has the ECWA heavyweight champion faced the Super 8 champion and Papadon vs. Ciampa could certainly be the most epic match to ever grace an ECWA ring. Will Papadon keep on fulfilling the prophecies, taking his destiny in his own hands and keeping his beloved heavyweight championship? Will he get that spot in the 2012 Super 8? Will Ciampa’s pedigree and ice cold determination unnerve the champion ending his reign?
TOMORROW, Sept 24, 2011, we all find out!
Until then, get on your knees and BOW to the Greek God!
For tix and info for ECWA Sept 24th, 2011 Live Event in Newark, DE call 609.220.5598
ECWA 44th ANNIVERSARY, SEPT 24th, NEWARK, DE – RUNDOWN OF THE SHOW
Come out to the Boys and Girls Club in Newark, Delaware on September 24, for the ECWA’s 44th Anniversary show! We’re bringing in our 44th year with a huge show packed with grudge matches, ladder matches, and epic firsts! Here’s a rundown of the matches/card:
1. ECWA Heavyweight Championship- “Greek God” Papadon(c) v. Tommaso Ciampa– Tommaso Ciampa is fresh off his huge Super 8 Tournament win and Ring of Honor contract. He has his sights set on winning another accolade… the ECWA heavyweight championship! Standing in his way is the reigning champ, the “Greek God” Papadon. Though he won the title under questionable circumstances and has employed the help of evil ECWA owner Michael Tartaglia and ECWA Commissioner DJ Hyde, he has proven to be a dangerous and capable competitor. Coming off a huge win over Mid-Atlantic champ Chris Wylde, Papadon is out to prove he is the best ECWA heavyweight champion in the history of the company. However, he has never faced an opponent this deadly before as Ciampa has faced some of the best wrestlers in the country over the last few months. Papadon also has the added motivation that if he wins, he gets a coveted spot in the 2012 Super 8, so you can bet the champ is even hungrier. Will Ciampa add to his long list of accolades or will the prophecies hold true and Papadon once again prove to be the better man? For the first time ever, the ECWA heavyweight champion vs. Super 8 Champion!
2. Ladder Match-Unified Tag Team Championship- Fusion D.S.(Damian Dragon & Matt Saigon)(c) v. Midnight Sensations(Chris Rockwell & Sam Shields)- After first being a makeshift team, the team of Dragon and Saigon have suddenly turned into one of the most skilled, entertaining, and best tag teams in the country, even recently being ranked in the PWI rankings for tag teams. Standing in their way is a mysterious team from the Triton Moon, the Midnight Sensations. Rockwell and Shields have proved to be dangerous and hungry to prove themselves in the ECWA. They have brutally beaten down the champs lately, especially injuring Damian Dragon on the last show with a splash off a ladder. It will turn into a ladder match this time around which just so happens to be the Sensations’ specialty. So in their biggest challenge to date, Fusion D.S. faces the alien visitors in their own environment. Will the champs keep their titles or will the Sensations bring the Unified tag belts back to the Triton moon?
3. Mid Atlantic Championship- “Heartkiller” Chris Wylde(c) v. “Beautiful” Bobby Shields v. Kekoa the Flyin’ Hawaiian– Chris Wylde’s undefeated streak in the ECWA came to an end with a loss to Papadon last month. However, he has dominated all challengers to his Mid Atlantic title since he won the belt. This month he faces a duo of talented challengers. The returning Bobby Shields makes his first ECWA Delaware appearance in years and sets his sights on winning his first ECWA title. Kekoa has unfinished business with Wylde as he already was unsuccessful in his first attempt. Wylde brings an unrivaled charisma, energy and the support of the crowd with him. However, so does Kekoa and Shields has the crafty manager Magnum in his corner as well as a repetoire of devastating maneuvers. The playing field is equal and the stakes are high in this huge triple threat match. Will Wylde continue his romp through the ranks of the ECWA or will one of the challengers begin a journey of their own?
4. Flag on a Pole Match- Kid America w/Corey Blaze v. Russian Assassin w/Mr. Ooh La La– This feud has spanned many months over two companies, both the ECWA and the TWA. Kid America and his patriotic ways have infuriated the Russian Assassin whose bitter memories of the Cold War from childhood have turned him rotten. Recently, it came to a boiling point when the Russian Assassin stole Kid America’s trademark American flag. In July America leveled the playing field when he gained possession of the Russian flag. Now, it has turned to this. For one last time, in a Flag on a Pole match the rivalry will be decided. Interesting enough is the added appearance of Corey Blaze and Mr. Ooh La La. What part could they play? And will Kid America finally get back his beloved flag or will ole glory be forever buried under the harsh Russian snow?
5. Cole Calloway v. Julian Starr w/Magnum and Gus Grand with Special Guest Ref Mr. Ooh La La– The flamboyant and fun loving Cole Calloway once again shows up at the Boys and Girls Club to take on his most dangerous test yet, Julian Starr. Starr brings fellow MMA members Magnum and Gus Grand in his corner and to top it off Mr. Ooh La La is the special guest ref! The tables are turned in Starr’s favor big time as the smile on Cole’s face might soon be wiped off. Magnum has been having problems and great difficulties with the women that appear in the ECWA lately and if that wasn’t enough Cole embarrassed him last show by removing Magnum’s pants in front of the whole audience to reveal his gold boxers! You can bet Magnum is hell bent on revenge and plans to do whatever it takes to win. Cole has cruised to success with his mind game tactics, fun loving personality, and open sexual orientation that combined unnerve much tougher opponents and allow him to find victory. Will the deadly alliance of Starr, Magnum, Gus Grand and Mr. Ooh La La finally get the better of “everyone’s favorite athletic guy”? Will Cole have back-up of his own? Find out on the 24th!
6. Ahtu v. Cujo the Hellhound– Ahtu arrived on the scene and quickly established his dominance over every opponent big or small in the ring. After destroying everyone in his path thus far he faces a bit of a different challenge. Cujo the Hellhound is an established veteran who is known for his power game as well as using foreign objects he brings to the ring. Cujo might never be able to match strength with the monster Ahtu but he can certainly be his most dangerous opponent yet. Who knows what kind of tactics Cujo is willing to employ to steal a victory? Will Ahtu continue his dominance with another quick victory or will Cujo put Ahtu in the doghouse with his power and experience?
7. Veda Scott v. Kylie Pierce– Continuing the recent trend, ECWA is bringing the fans some more women’s action. Newcomer Veda Scott, trained by the infamous Daizee Haze, looks to make her mark in the ECWA. Her opponent is CZW bombshell Kylie Pierce. While not widely known, Pierce brings that certain level of nasty toughness, her months in the Combat Zone have given her. Veda hopes to successfully debut and start a string of successes in the ECWA but her opponent hopes to spoil the fun so let’s see what happens when the debut of two beautiful but deadly vixens make their way to the Boys and Girls Club!
8. No Count Out/No DQ- JJ the Crew Guy v. “Hitman” Tony Stetson– Both men in the twilight of their careers are engaged in a vicious grudge match that promises to spill all over the ring, floor, and crowd of the Boys Club. JJ, a former ECWA heavyweight champion and legend, despises everything that Stetson stands for. Stetson, a legend in the development of Philadelphia wrestling, isn’t ready to hang ’em up just yet and looks to prove he’s just as tough as he was 10 years ago. After brutal lock ups at the Super 8 and the unwarranted attack by JJ at the last show, it has turned personal and this match will be for all the bragging rights. No Count Outs and No DQ! No rules so who knows what can happen!
9. Bazooka Joe v. “Pitbull” Timothy Richards- Bazooka Joe’s anger has finally reached it’s peak. CZW Owner and ECWA Commissioner DJ Hyde has constantly harassed the former champ over the last few months while staying always an arms-length away. Throwing CZW stars and whoever else he can in front of him, Hyde has made sure Joe hasn’t gotten his chance for revenge. With Hyde in Germany with his CZW crew, he has promised an opponent for Joe. That opponent is the “Pitbull” Timothy Richards who has a chip on his shoulder. Richards is out to prove himself and is there a better way to prove it than beating a former ECWA champ? Joe’s blinding anger surely will be on display and if Richards isn’t careful he’ll be a victim of Hyde’s cowardice. What will happen when a very strong man is angry…. will he destroy Richards or will he catch Joe being overzealous and sneak out with a cheap victory? Mike Tartaglia has just added a few stipulations…if Tim Richards wins, he gets an ECWA Title shot; if he loses, he gets his hair cut and Bazooka Joe gets a match with DJ Hyde!
Also making a special appearance, TNA Knockout Cookie aka Becky Bayless! What part will she play? What is her motivation for showing up at the ECWA? Find out on September 24th at the Boys and Girls Club in Newark, DE!
For tix and info, call 609.220.5598 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Since coming to the East Coast Wrestling Association (ECWA), Kekoa the Flyin’ Hawaiian has impressed fans and wrestlers alike. At the July 16th ECWA event, Kekoa pinned one of the top competitors on the circuit today Adam Cole (2010 Wrestling Observer Newsletter Rookie of the Year, #115 in PWI 500, Finalist in 2011 ECWA Super 8 and CZW Junior Heayweight Champion)!
At the 44th Anniversary of the ECWA, Sept 24th, 2011 at the Boys & Girls Club in Newark, Delaware, Kekoa gets a shot at the ECWA Mid-Atlantic Championship in a THREE-WAY DANCE w/ “Heart Killer” Chris Wylde (c) and another 2011 ECWA Super 8 Competitor “Beautiful” Bobby Shields.
Hear what Kekoa has to say about his upcoming title shot…
For tix and info call 609.220.5598 or email email@example.com
ECWA will be at Signamania on Saturday, September 24, 2011. Make sure you stop by and visit us and then head on down to the
ECWA 44th Anniversary Show at the Boys & Girls Club in Newark, DE, belltime 7PM.
Scheduled to appear at our ECWA table for Signamania…
*ECWA/TWA Unified Tag Team Champions, “FUSION DS” Matt Saigon & Damian Dragon
*Kekoa the Flyin’ Hawaiian
*CUJO the Hellhound
*SPECIAL GUEST Becky Bayless fka TNA IMPACT Knockout Cookie
SIGNAMANIA VII, Sept 24, 9AM-3PM
Bucks County Tech School
610 Wistar Road
Fairless Hills PA 19030
Many other great convention and vendor guests include, Bret “The Hitman” Hart, Bobby “The Brain” Heenan, Kevin Nash, Harry Smith, Chris Master, former NWA Heavyweight Champion Harley Race and many, many more!!!