Newark- East Coast Wrestling Association at the Boys & Girls Club: AHTU defeated CUJO the Hellhound … Veda Scott defeated Kylie Pierce … Bazooka Joe defeated “Pitbull” Timothy Richards w/ Mozart Fontaine. As a result, Richards got his haircut … Special Guest Referee: Mr. Ooh La La… Julian Starr w/ Magnum and Gus Grand defeated Cole Callaway w/ Becky Bayless fka Cookie … Mid-Atlantic Title Match: Chris Wylde (c) defeated Kekoa the Flyin Hawaiian and Bobby Shields w/ Gus Grand when Wylde pinned Shields … FLAG MATCH: Kid America w/ Corey Blaze def Russian Assassin w/ Mr. Ooh La La … NO DQ/NO COR: JJ the Crew Guy def Tony Stetson … ECWA/TWA Unified Tag Team Title Match/LADDER MATCH: “Fusion DS” Matt Saigon & Damian Dragon (c) def the “Midnight Sensations” Chris Rockwell & Sam Shields … ECWA Heavyweight Title Match: Papadon (c) def Super 8 Champion Tommaso Ciampa to earn a spot in the 2012 ECWA Super 8 Tournament. (9-24-11)
The road to any championship is arduous and often times it requires great feats of athletic prowess and the occasional miracle. That being said, however, there are some who wish to take short cuts, don’t earn their accolades, and generally are only out for their own selfish gain. This is no more apparent than with the current reigning East Coast Wrestling Association (ECWA) heavyweight champion the “Greek God” Papadon,
Papadon has made his name on the New York wrestling circuit wrestling for such promotions as the New York Wrestling Connection (NYWC). However, feeling unfulfilled there he set to find a place where his ultimate destiny would reveal itself. After consulting with his prophets, he set his sights on the land of the ECWA.
For years, Papadon tried to work his way into the ECWA, but for whatever reason, he attempts were to no avail. But Papadon was patient, and never gave up, for he knew where his true destiny was, in the ECWA and as the ECWA Heavyweight Champion! For the prophecy, he knew it was a matter of when and not if. Papadon lurked in the shadows for years waiting for his chance to strike. When new management took over the ECWA, the hungry competitor saw his opportunity.
New ECWA owner Mike Tartaglia quickly made it clear he was looking to change the landscape of the company but no one knew his true motives. Meanwhile, Papadon made his debut with the company he faced young Cono Cappuccia, destroying him and making a statement that his power was unmatched and he wasn’t there for his time to be wasted, as he had already waited what seemed like a lifetime to get into the ECWA in the first place. Allying with Tartaglia, he skipped the traditional “fight through the ranks” mentality that most competitors have and immediately went into the lion’s den. With no number 1 contender to face then-champion MEG, he turned his sights onto Bazooka Joe, a former heavyweight champion himself. With the promise of a title match, questionable tactics led Papadon one step closer to his goal as he defeated Bazooka Joe to earn a future title match. The crowd and even the locker room weren’t prepared for what would happen next…
After fighting a brutal match with the members of Revolution, MEGA and tag team partner Cha Cha Chance were assaulted leaving them helpless in the ring. A masked man entered the ring saving MEGA from certain destruction much to the delight of the audience in attendance. The celebration was short lived however as the masked man delivered a devastating lariat to the champion leaving him unconscious. The crowd was silenced as the man was revealed to be none other than hated CZW owner DJ Hyde! Quickly Tartaglia came to the ring naming Hyde new ECWA commissioner and then announcing that Papadon would get his title shot immediately! MEGA, stumbling to his feet, received the final blow from Papadon and after the count of 1..2..3.. the prophecies had finally came true.
The “Greek God” Papadon had finally achieved his goal of becoming the ECWA heavyweight champion. The fans called into question Papadon’s toughness and right to be champion, a sentiment quickly echoed by one Bazooka Joe. In the weeks that followed through videos and statements, Papadon declared himself the greateast ECWA heavyweight champion of all time! Bazooka Joe would test that theory feeling cheated out of his own chance to become champion again and with no rules in place to hold Hyde or Papadon in check, Papadon would come out the victor. Many things have been said about his title reign thus far…
Coward, Cheater, Opportunist. Many people doubted that a man willing to cheat his way to the title was a real fighting champion and worthy of wearing the most prestigious title in independent wrestling. Papadon, infuriated, once again sought out to prove he was the strongest, smartest, and most technically sound wrestler on the entire ECWA roster. Declaring that his destiny had been revealed, Papadon dared anybody to try to take his crown from him.
Answering the call was undefeated fan favorite and Mid Atlantic Champion “Heartkiller” Chris Wylde. The hype was huge as this the match promised to tear the building down and keep everyone on the edge of their seats…. and the bout did not disappoint. In what many have called the best match in the history of the ECWA, never was the reign of the Greek God put in more jeopardy. Back and forth the two champions went often times ending in a stalemate but the defending champion would not be denied as Papadon finally slayed all his doubters by cleanly and soundly defeating Wylde in the middle of the ring. His power was on display all match as he constantly answered whatever Wylde threw his way. Showing unrivaled ring intelligence and agility no one knew he had he kept pace with the aforethought quicker Chris Wylde.
The “Greatest Technical Wrestler in the World Today” has finally proved he is more than capable of carrying the storied ECWA heavyweight title. However, the conquest has quite obviously gone straight to the head of Papadon as he demands that all fans must bow to his very presence. While many do out of fear, the loud ECWA crowd lets their disdain for his ways and enormous ego be known.
“For years, the ECWA tried to resist the prophecies and keep me out of the ECWA! But you can’t deny fate and destiny,” Papadon barked. “And now that I’m here, now that I am everything I said I would be, I am going to make EACH and EVERY man, women and child in the ECWA pay, show their respect and BOWWWWWWWW to the Greek God!”
But the fact cannot be denied, while he obtained the title through shady alliances and questionable in-ring tactics, Papadon has time and time again displayed his vast array of powerful moves, stamina, speed and in-ring smarts that have made many others legends of the sport. He has shut the door on all opponents and has refused to be defeated. It’s become obvious that it’s now personal and that Papadon is out to show that his boasts of confidence are the ramblings of a true champion. His declaration of being the greatest ECWA champion of all time just might come true as he is out to prove that the prophecies are indeed true. If his current dominance continues, everyone will have no choice but to get on their knees and bow.
The September 24th ECWA show is the 44th Anniversary of the beginnings of the company way back in 1967. Papadon, keeping his word to always defend his title, awaited what mortal would dare challenge him next….. He never expected the person to answer would be none other than Ring Of Honor star and current, reigning Super 8 champion Tommaso Ciampa! While there is no love lost between the fans and Ciampa, a respect has grown there and he represents their best chance for the Greek God to be dethroned. Ciampa defeated 3 of the best wrestlers in the world today by defeating Rich Swann, Shiima Xion, and Adam Cole in the 2011 Super 8 as he proved once he sets his sights on something he cannot and will not be denied. Ciampa showed his quiet determination can quickly turn into unmatched rage and power that many people never want to be on the receiving end of. But playing it cool, Papadon has declared certain victory. The stakes are raised even higher because if he defeats Ciampa by pin or submission, he receives a spot in the 2012 ECWA Super 8! Papadon CANNOT get himself counted out or disqualified to save his title if he wants to get into the Super 8. For the first time EVER, not only must the challenger beat the champion, but the champion must beat the challenger! With tension at an all-time high this might prove to be the biggest showdown in both men’s careers.
Never before has the ECWA heavyweight champion faced the Super 8 champion and Papadon vs. Ciampa could certainly be the most epic match to ever grace an ECWA ring. Will Papadon keep on fulfilling the prophecies, taking his destiny in his own hands and keeping his beloved heavyweight championship? Will he get that spot in the 2012 Super 8? Will Ciampa’s pedigree and ice cold determination unnerve the champion ending his reign?
TOMORROW, Sept 24, 2011, we all find out!
Until then, get on your knees and BOW to the Greek God!
For tix and info for ECWA Sept 24th, 2011 Live Event in Newark, DE call 609.220.5598
ECWA 44th ANNIVERSARY, SEPT 24th, NEWARK, DE – RUNDOWN OF THE SHOW
Come out to the Boys and Girls Club in Newark, Delaware on September 24, for the ECWA’s 44th Anniversary show! We’re bringing in our 44th year with a huge show packed with grudge matches, ladder matches, and epic firsts! Here’s a rundown of the matches/card:
1. ECWA Heavyweight Championship- “Greek God” Papadon(c) v. Tommaso Ciampa– Tommaso Ciampa is fresh off his huge Super 8 Tournament win and Ring of Honor contract. He has his sights set on winning another accolade… the ECWA heavyweight championship! Standing in his way is the reigning champ, the “Greek God” Papadon. Though he won the title under questionable circumstances and has employed the help of evil ECWA owner Michael Tartaglia and ECWA Commissioner DJ Hyde, he has proven to be a dangerous and capable competitor. Coming off a huge win over Mid-Atlantic champ Chris Wylde, Papadon is out to prove he is the best ECWA heavyweight champion in the history of the company. However, he has never faced an opponent this deadly before as Ciampa has faced some of the best wrestlers in the country over the last few months. Papadon also has the added motivation that if he wins, he gets a coveted spot in the 2012 Super 8, so you can bet the champ is even hungrier. Will Ciampa add to his long list of accolades or will the prophecies hold true and Papadon once again prove to be the better man? For the first time ever, the ECWA heavyweight champion vs. Super 8 Champion!
2. Ladder Match-Unified Tag Team Championship- Fusion D.S.(Damian Dragon & Matt Saigon)(c) v. Midnight Sensations(Chris Rockwell & Sam Shields)- After first being a makeshift team, the team of Dragon and Saigon have suddenly turned into one of the most skilled, entertaining, and best tag teams in the country, even recently being ranked in the PWI rankings for tag teams. Standing in their way is a mysterious team from the Triton Moon, the Midnight Sensations. Rockwell and Shields have proved to be dangerous and hungry to prove themselves in the ECWA. They have brutally beaten down the champs lately, especially injuring Damian Dragon on the last show with a splash off a ladder. It will turn into a ladder match this time around which just so happens to be the Sensations’ specialty. So in their biggest challenge to date, Fusion D.S. faces the alien visitors in their own environment. Will the champs keep their titles or will the Sensations bring the Unified tag belts back to the Triton moon?
3. Mid Atlantic Championship- “Heartkiller” Chris Wylde(c) v. “Beautiful” Bobby Shields v. Kekoa the Flyin’ Hawaiian– Chris Wylde’s undefeated streak in the ECWA came to an end with a loss to Papadon last month. However, he has dominated all challengers to his Mid Atlantic title since he won the belt. This month he faces a duo of talented challengers. The returning Bobby Shields makes his first ECWA Delaware appearance in years and sets his sights on winning his first ECWA title. Kekoa has unfinished business with Wylde as he already was unsuccessful in his first attempt. Wylde brings an unrivaled charisma, energy and the support of the crowd with him. However, so does Kekoa and Shields has the crafty manager Magnum in his corner as well as a repetoire of devastating maneuvers. The playing field is equal and the stakes are high in this huge triple threat match. Will Wylde continue his romp through the ranks of the ECWA or will one of the challengers begin a journey of their own?
4. Flag on a Pole Match- Kid America w/Corey Blaze v. Russian Assassin w/Mr. Ooh La La– This feud has spanned many months over two companies, both the ECWA and the TWA. Kid America and his patriotic ways have infuriated the Russian Assassin whose bitter memories of the Cold War from childhood have turned him rotten. Recently, it came to a boiling point when the Russian Assassin stole Kid America’s trademark American flag. In July America leveled the playing field when he gained possession of the Russian flag. Now, it has turned to this. For one last time, in a Flag on a Pole match the rivalry will be decided. Interesting enough is the added appearance of Corey Blaze and Mr. Ooh La La. What part could they play? And will Kid America finally get back his beloved flag or will ole glory be forever buried under the harsh Russian snow?
5. Cole Calloway v. Julian Starr w/Magnum and Gus Grand with Special Guest Ref Mr. Ooh La La– The flamboyant and fun loving Cole Calloway once again shows up at the Boys and Girls Club to take on his most dangerous test yet, Julian Starr. Starr brings fellow MMA members Magnum and Gus Grand in his corner and to top it off Mr. Ooh La La is the special guest ref! The tables are turned in Starr’s favor big time as the smile on Cole’s face might soon be wiped off. Magnum has been having problems and great difficulties with the women that appear in the ECWA lately and if that wasn’t enough Cole embarrassed him last show by removing Magnum’s pants in front of the whole audience to reveal his gold boxers! You can bet Magnum is hell bent on revenge and plans to do whatever it takes to win. Cole has cruised to success with his mind game tactics, fun loving personality, and open sexual orientation that combined unnerve much tougher opponents and allow him to find victory. Will the deadly alliance of Starr, Magnum, Gus Grand and Mr. Ooh La La finally get the better of “everyone’s favorite athletic guy”? Will Cole have back-up of his own? Find out on the 24th!
6. Ahtu v. Cujo the Hellhound– Ahtu arrived on the scene and quickly established his dominance over every opponent big or small in the ring. After destroying everyone in his path thus far he faces a bit of a different challenge. Cujo the Hellhound is an established veteran who is known for his power game as well as using foreign objects he brings to the ring. Cujo might never be able to match strength with the monster Ahtu but he can certainly be his most dangerous opponent yet. Who knows what kind of tactics Cujo is willing to employ to steal a victory? Will Ahtu continue his dominance with another quick victory or will Cujo put Ahtu in the doghouse with his power and experience?
7. Veda Scott v. Kylie Pierce– Continuing the recent trend, ECWA is bringing the fans some more women’s action. Newcomer Veda Scott, trained by the infamous Daizee Haze, looks to make her mark in the ECWA. Her opponent is CZW bombshell Kylie Pierce. While not widely known, Pierce brings that certain level of nasty toughness, her months in the Combat Zone have given her. Veda hopes to successfully debut and start a string of successes in the ECWA but her opponent hopes to spoil the fun so let’s see what happens when the debut of two beautiful but deadly vixens make their way to the Boys and Girls Club!
8. No Count Out/No DQ- JJ the Crew Guy v. “Hitman” Tony Stetson– Both men in the twilight of their careers are engaged in a vicious grudge match that promises to spill all over the ring, floor, and crowd of the Boys Club. JJ, a former ECWA heavyweight champion and legend, despises everything that Stetson stands for. Stetson, a legend in the development of Philadelphia wrestling, isn’t ready to hang ’em up just yet and looks to prove he’s just as tough as he was 10 years ago. After brutal lock ups at the Super 8 and the unwarranted attack by JJ at the last show, it has turned personal and this match will be for all the bragging rights. No Count Outs and No DQ! No rules so who knows what can happen!
9. Bazooka Joe v. “Pitbull” Timothy Richards- Bazooka Joe’s anger has finally reached it’s peak. CZW Owner and ECWA Commissioner DJ Hyde has constantly harassed the former champ over the last few months while staying always an arms-length away. Throwing CZW stars and whoever else he can in front of him, Hyde has made sure Joe hasn’t gotten his chance for revenge. With Hyde in Germany with his CZW crew, he has promised an opponent for Joe. That opponent is the “Pitbull” Timothy Richards who has a chip on his shoulder. Richards is out to prove himself and is there a better way to prove it than beating a former ECWA champ? Joe’s blinding anger surely will be on display and if Richards isn’t careful he’ll be a victim of Hyde’s cowardice. What will happen when a very strong man is angry…. will he destroy Richards or will he catch Joe being overzealous and sneak out with a cheap victory? Mike Tartaglia has just added a few stipulations…if Tim Richards wins, he gets an ECWA Title shot; if he loses, he gets his hair cut and Bazooka Joe gets a match with DJ Hyde!
Also making a special appearance, TNA Knockout Cookie aka Becky Bayless! What part will she play? What is her motivation for showing up at the ECWA? Find out on September 24th at the Boys and Girls Club in Newark, DE!
For tix and info, call 609.220.5598 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Since coming to the East Coast Wrestling Association (ECWA), Kekoa the Flyin’ Hawaiian has impressed fans and wrestlers alike. At the July 16th ECWA event, Kekoa pinned one of the top competitors on the circuit today Adam Cole (2010 Wrestling Observer Newsletter Rookie of the Year, #115 in PWI 500, Finalist in 2011 ECWA Super 8 and CZW Junior Heayweight Champion)!
At the 44th Anniversary of the ECWA, Sept 24th, 2011 at the Boys & Girls Club in Newark, Delaware, Kekoa gets a shot at the ECWA Mid-Atlantic Championship in a THREE-WAY DANCE w/ “Heart Killer” Chris Wylde (c) and another 2011 ECWA Super 8 Competitor “Beautiful” Bobby Shields.
Hear what Kekoa has to say about his upcoming title shot…
For tix and info call 609.220.5598 or email email@example.com
ECWA will be at Signamania on Saturday, September 24, 2011. Make sure you stop by and visit us and then head on down to the
ECWA 44th Anniversary Show at the Boys & Girls Club in Newark, DE, belltime 7PM.
Scheduled to appear at our ECWA table for Signamania…
*ECWA/TWA Unified Tag Team Champions, “FUSION DS” Matt Saigon & Damian Dragon
*Kekoa the Flyin’ Hawaiian
*CUJO the Hellhound
*SPECIAL GUEST Becky Bayless fka TNA IMPACT Knockout Cookie
SIGNAMANIA VII, Sept 24, 9AM-3PM
Bucks County Tech School
610 Wistar Road
Fairless Hills PA 19030
Many other great convention and vendor guests include, Bret “The Hitman” Hart, Bobby “The Brain” Heenan, Kevin Nash, Harry Smith, Chris Master, former NWA Heavyweight Champion Harley Race and many, many more!!!
Here is the Introducing article from the Wrestler (Sheamus cover)/Inside Wrestling (Mr. Anderson cover) magazine VOL 42 on sale Aug 30, 2011. It is a 2 page feature article on ECWA Mid-Atlantic Champion “Heart Killer” Chris Wylde.
Chris recently met up with legendary wrestling journalist and photographer, Bill Apter, who extended his congratulations. Bill worked for PWI for years (hence the term “Apter mags”). These days, Bill heads one of the top web sites for daily pro wrestling news 1WRESTLING.com: www.1wrestling.com Make sure you check it out.
Many thanks to PWI magazine, including Stu Saks (publisher), Frank Krewda (Editor) and Brady Hicks (author) for the article and coverage. Make sure you support PWI, one of pro wrestling last great links to the past, at www.pwi-online.com