Boys & Girls Club
July 16, 2011
1. Russian Assassin w/ Mr. Ooh La La (subbing for Coach Jim Shorts) defeated Kid America. Post match America was able to gain possession of the Russian Flag. With Russian Assassin still in possession of America’s USA Flag, America challenged Assassin (who accepted) to a Flag Match Sept 24th at the 44th Anniversary Show!
A. A video is played announcing the return of the 2011 ECWA SUPER 8 Champion TOMMASO CIAMPA on Sept 24th, 2011 in Newark, Delaware at the 44th Anniversary Show!
B. ECWA/TWA Owner Mike Tartaglia came out with ECWA Heavyweight Champion “Greek God” Papadon to insult and run down fans and went so far as to physically intimidate a pair of sisters to bow to Papadon while Papadon roughed up their cousin.
2. “Fighting Paramedic” Corey Blaze defeated Black Panther.
3. HANDICAP MATCH: AHTU defeated “Revolution” Mozart Fontaine & “Pitbull” Timothy Richards w/ Sebastian Night. Mozart argued with Sebastian and eventually walked out on him and Richards while AHTU pinned Richards.
4. DJ HYDE Challenge Match: Bazooka Joe defeated “Chainsaw” Joe Gacy w/ DJ Hyde. Hyde came out with another referee this month since it was so effective on May 7th. This time he came out with an imposter John Finegan. The imposter ran down the “real deal” for a few minutes, but the real Finegan busted out a high dropkick that sent the imposter running to the dressing room leaving DJ Hyde all on his own. Hyde continued to interfere during the match but it eventually backfired when he threw Gacy brass knuckles. Gacy missed a big swing as Joe ducked and then hit his finisher. Much to the disappointment of Joe and the fans, Hyde revealed that he will actually be on tour in England Sept 24th, killing Joe’s hopes of having a match with DJ. Things got out of hand as DJ and Gacy attacked Joe before Joe made a comeback and cleared the ring.
5. SHOCKWAVE the Robot & Cole Calloway defeated Mr. Ooh La La & Kacee Carisle with Magnum & Gus Grand. After weeks of guessing who SHOCKWAVE’s partner was, much to the chagrin of Ooh La La and his camp, the big surprise turned out to be Cole Calloway!!! This was probably one of the most unusal matches in ECWA history that included Ooh La La coming out to “IRON MAN” wearing an Iron Man Mask and Glo Sticks and draped in Christmas lights to mock Shockwave! When Magnum plugged the lights in, Ooh La La lit up like a Christmas tree and “did the robot” before the lights started to burn his body hair sending him in a frenzy! The end came when Calloway schoolboyed the Frenchmen for the pin!
6. “Hitman” Tony Stetson and JJ the Crew Guy fought to a Double Countout.
7. Kekoa the Flyin’ Hawaiian pulled off a huge win over Adam Cole. Kekoa scouted Cole well and blocked the Panama Sunrise. Cole was also able to evade Kekoa’s finisher, but fell victim to a cradle pin seemingly out of nowhere. Cole, unhappy, asked for and has been granted a rematch on October 15, 2011 in Newark, DE!
8. ECWA/TWA Unified Tag Team Title Match: “FUSION DS” Matt Saigon & Damian Dragon defeated “Midnight Sensations” Chris Rockwell & Sam Shields via DQ when the Sensations introduced chairs and a ladder. DS challenged the Sensations to a rematch on Sept 24th, this time in a ladder match.
9. ECWA Heavyweight Title Match: “Greek God” Papadon retained his title over Mid-Atlantic Champion “Heart Killer” Chris Wylde in a classic back and forth encounter with the Alpha-Omega (aka shining wizard)! Many fans have touted this as the best match in recent ECWA History. Following the match, Papadon did an interview addressing his Sept 24th challenger, Tommaso Ciampa. If Ciampa wins, he is the new ECWA Champion; if Papadon wins, he is in the 2012 ECWA Super 8 Tournament!
THANK YOU TO ALL THE FANS WHO CAME OUT AND SUPPORTED THE SHOW!!!