ECWA NEWS & PROMOTIONS
12/4/2010 Results, News, and January 2011 Show Information
RESULTS FROM ECWA DEC 4, 2010
Greater Newark Boys & Girls Club
1. “Canada’s Proudest Son” Jason Leigh w/ Coach Jim Shorts defeated Kid America via outside interference from Shorts. Following the bout, Leigh & Shorts draped a Canadian flag over the lifeless body of Kid America
ECWA Heavyweight Champion “A-List” Andrew Ryker w/ Aurthur Avalon addressed the Delaware crowd, and stated that due to his shoulder injury, he would be forced to relinquish the ECWA Heavyweight Championship. Ryker then announced to the crowd that due to the severity of the injury and also other goals he wants to pursue, that he was also retiring from pro wrestling after 13 years in the sport.
2. Matt Saigon (in his debut) defeated Julian Starr.
3. Magnum’s Modeling Agency (MMA) had tryout for new members open to ANYONE in the Boys & Girls Club. After reviewing pre-show applications filled out by fans in the building, Magnum called out a fan during their open audition. After the fan entered the ring, he was beaten by all three members, “Simply Irresistible” Travis Blake w/ Magnum & Press Agent Gus Grand. Following the vicious and cowardice attack, the trio placed a brown paper bag over the fan’s head. The ECWA security & referees flooded the ring for the fan’s protection. After apologizing to the crowd for their actions, Magnum than challenged referee (and former wrestler) Mario Zuto to a match. The trio proceeded to attack Zuto, who eventually accepted the challenge.
Travis Blake defeated Mario Zuto
Then “The ICON” Ace Darling addressed the ECWA crowd via a pre-recorded message played on the ECWAtron screen. Ace, who lost a Loser Must Retire Match to “Beast” Glen Osbourne in September 2008, recently received a lot of votes from the ECWA fans for an on-line poll asking fans which former Super 8 competitor they would like to see participate in the 15th Annual SUPER 8. Ace thanked the fans for remembering him and wished them a happy holiday season, but said he was retired and would not compete in the 2011 Super 8 tournament next year. Ace closed the video message with a word for “ECWA Grand Slam Champion” Aden Chambers. Ace said he heard that Aden was bragging claiming that he is the only man to win every ECWA Championship (including the Super 8 trophy) but reminded Chambers that there is one other man who also holds that claim, Ace Darling himself. Ace, who actually had a hand in training Chambers, said that while Chambers is the only one to share that accomplishment with him, that he did it before Chambers and did it better than Chambers too!
4. 2009 & 2010 ECWA Super 8 Finalist Tomasso Ciampa defeated Damian Dragon (in his debut). Following the win, Ciampa addressed ECWA management and matchmaker Joe Zanolle and officially put his bid in to compete in the 2011 SUPER 8.
5. “The Best Around” Bruce Maxwell, without partner TJ Cannon, retained both the ECWA & TWA TAG TEAM TITLES as he defeated Matt Logan and Chase Del Monte in a loser leaves ECWA & TWA Match. As a result of the loss, both Matt and Bryan Logan, as well as Chase Del Monte must leave the ECWA and TWA promotions immediately.
6. MEGA defeated Glen “The Beast” Osbourne w/ Sebastian Night a NO DQ-NO COR match.
7. “Heart Killer” Chris Wylde and Mozart Fontaine were the last two men in an Over-the-Tope Rope Battle Royal for the vacant ECWA Mid-Atlantic Title. The two then faced each other in a 1-fall to a finish singles match where Wylde made Mozart tap out to become the NEW ECWA Mid-Atlantic Champion!
Others that were entered in the Battle Royal included “Fighting Paramedic” Corey Blaze, Courageous Cruz, CUJO the Hellhound, “Heavyweight” Dan Eckos, JJ Crew Guy, Bazooka Joe, Mr. Ooh La La, “Pitbull” Timothy Richards & Mr. Scott Wright.
For Dec 4, 2010 event photos visit:
Thanks to Snapmare.com, Craig Prendergast and Hank Stoklosa for coverage of the event.
The 15th Annual ECWA Super 8 will take place Sat, April 30, 2011 at the Boys & Girls Club in Newark, DE with a 7PM bell time. Stay tuned for details!
The ECWA wants to wish the best to Andrew Ryker, Arthur Avalon, Matt & Bryan Logan, Chase Del Monte & Joel Oresky. We thank them for all their years of hard work and service and for entertaining the Delaware fans month after month. They will always be a part of the ECWA family.
Due to Andrew Ryker vacating the ECWA Heavyweight Championship and retiring from pro wrestling due to injury, ECWA management has deemed that the Chain Match on Jan 15, 2011 between former ECWA Champions MEGA and “the Beast” Glen Osbourne w/ Sebastian Night will now be for the vacant ECWA Heavyweight Championship. On Sept 18, 2010, it was then friend and Special Guest Referee Glen Osbourne who turned on MEGA and knocked him out with the Steel Chain causing him to lose to Andrew Ryker. Will MEGA be able to gain revenge and re-gain the championship in a match with the man responsible for him losing it in the first place? Be there Jan 15th to find out!!!
The evil genius known as Carlton P. Hightower returns to the ECWA Jan 15. 2011 after a 5 year hiatus. Hightower promises to rock the very foundation of the ECWA. Be there to find out what one of the most notorious managers in ECWA history has planned for the fans in Newark, DE. Hear what Hightower had to say here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72TfYDPzkh0
On Dec 4th, 2010 during the Battle Royal for the ECWA Mid-Atlantic Title, tempers flared as Bazooka Joe eliminated Mr. Scott Wright. Wright, not happy with that result, helped Mozart Fontaine eliminate Joe from the arena floor. Joe and Wright continued to fight their way back to the dressing rooms and continued their brawl there. In the process, both Wright and Joe caused some significant damage to the backstage area and both have been suspended for 1 show, the next event on Jan 15th, as a penalty. Both Joe and Wright will be back in action on Mar 5th, and surely will want to finish what was started on Dec 4th!!!
East Coast Wrestling Association (ECWA)
Sat, Jan 15, 2011
Greater Newark Boys & Girls Club
109 Glasgow Drive, Rt. 40 & #1 Positive Place
Newark, DE 19702
Doors Open: 6:30 PM
Bell Time: 7:30 PM
TICKETS AVAILABLE IN ADVANCE & THE DOOR
For info and reserved seating call (609) 220-5598
or e-mail at: email@example.com
NEW TICKET PRICES*
$15.00 for adults 13 years of age and older
$10.00 for kids 12 years of age and under
$8.00 special price for all those Boys’ & Girls’ Club Members with ID
(*ONLY tix purchased in advanced are reserved seating; tix purchased at door night of show are “first come, first served”)
Card Subject to Change.
1. FOR THE VACANT ECWA HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE in a CHAIN MATCH- MEGA vs. “The Beast” Glen Osbourne w/ Sebastian Night
2. ECWA MID-ATLANTIC TITLE MATCH- “Heart Killer” Chris Wylde (c) vs. Mozart Fontaine
3. ECWA TAG-TEAM TITLE MATCH- “The Best Around” Bruce Maxwell & TJ Cannon (c) vs. “The Heavyweights” Sean Royal & Dan Eckos
Plus the return of Carlton P. Hightower
And all the stars of the ECWA!
* Delaware Dept of State Advertising Permit No 110 – Subject to approval.
ATTENTION!!! We will have new ECWA logo T-Shirts available at the Dec 4th show. Shirts are $10 each.
ECWA Web Page: www.ecwaprowrestling.com
ECWA Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=124627284251717&ref=ts
ECWA Jan 15, 2011 Facebook Event Page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=181884558495516¬if_t=event_wall#wall_posts
Check out the ECWA’s NEW You Tube Channel for all the latest interviews with your favorite ECWA Stars: http://www.youtube.com/user/ecwaprowrestling
Anyone interested in being on the ECWA Street Team or ECWA Ring Crew, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
For information on ECWA’s sister promotion, the Tri-State Wrestling Alliance (TWA) visit www.twaprowrestling.com